If you are using an IPV6-only machine, and want to pull a docker image, you will get this error “Solve error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp 220.127.116.11:443: connect: network is unreachable”.
Reason You Get This Error
Dockerhub by default don’t respond to IPV6 request. If your host only has an IPV6 address, pulling a docker image from DockerHub throws this error.
How to Solve
DockerHub has recently added beta support for IPV6 requests. But you have to add their IPV6-only endpoint in your request. Let’s take an example.
To pull the latest Ubuntu container, previously you write the following command.
docker pull ubuntu:latest
Now modify this command to work on IPV6-only hosts.
docker pull registry.ipv6.docker.com/library/ubuntu:latest
In the above command
library represent official packages. If you want to pull packages from other
namespace then change the
Let’s see what the docker command looks like when you pull linuxserver/nginx container.
docker pull registry.ipv6.docker.com/linuxserver/nginx
- Solve Failed to Connect to github.com Port 443: Couldn't connect to server
- Solve Gnome Boxes Virtualization Settings Are Unavailable on Your System
- Solve Username Is Not in the Sudoers File Debian Error
- Running a PostgreSQL Database in Docker
- Install and Configure Linux Virtual Machine Using Virt-Manager